Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Didn't think it could happen to us



Hey everybody. Just wanted to let you know how things are going in our neck of the woods. In case you don't already know, my position at work was terminated the other day. I still have a job (barely). I am now out in the gas fields doing maintenance and labor work. I suppose that is better than sitting at home doing nothing.

As far as the "barely" part of my job goes, as of today I am on a will-call basis. And I had my work truck pulled today too. AND the will-call basis goes according to seniority. So, being that I am the relatively new guy on the crew, I will be one of the last they call to go to work.

I guess you can say that I am a little nervous about our future. And I am a little upset that this is happening to us. I worked hard for my reputation, but it goes to show that it's not what you know, but who you know. Leola and I will try to make it work for as long as we can. And once we cant make it work anymore, there is always family in Rio Rancho that will lovingly take us in until we can get back on our feet.

But enough complaining! Leola and I are hosting a bible study at our house on Friday which will be fun and maybe a few new faces will show up. This will be the first time that it is at our place, and the third time that the study has been going on. On Saturday, we are going to Alamosa, CO to help our sister church outreach and pass out flyers. That will be an interesting time for us.

That's all I have to say for now. We promise to keep you all up to date on our happenings. Keep us in your prayers as far as my job situation goes! Until next time, God bless!

Oh, yeah. We went to see "Where the Wild Things Are" and it was horrible. So where are the wild things at anyway? SUCKVILLE!!! Don't see it. Okay, see it, then get mad for spending two hours to see it and wasting money. LOL laters!

4 comments:

  1. We don't plan on seeing Where The Wild Things Are. Doesn't sound like a movie I would like. The last time Grandpa and I went to see a movie it cost us about $50 and the movie was dumb. The movie was Flushed Away. My sister in law and I thought it would be a cute movie--maybe if were 5. LOL

    Hang in there. Stay in God's will. He doesn't promise there won't be tough times but He does promise to get us through them. Remember the story of the woman who was going to make supper for herself and her son and then starve to death but Elijah says make me food first. And there was enough oil and flour for the next days food. Right now you and Leola might not have an abundance but you will have what you need.

    Love ya,

    It's bedtime here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I like the new look of your blog. Very bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So life is a journey. Remember that your mom and I went through the same thing. I was asked to do something against my beliefs at the school district...and we chose to have me walk out on a job (with 4 kids and no other job offers) that paid almost 90K/yr. I was offered another job immediately and was working the next day at the university. God has his ways. PJ, you are too good at what you do...there is always jealously and discontent. I can see wonderful things happening for you if you pray and choose the right path. I would love you have you guys in RR. I need someone to tease Daniel and Sam with when we watch their teams lose at football. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leola and I have considered moving to RR. But I just dont feel called to be there just yet. I do feel that we are supposed to be there, closer to you all, eventually. One day dad, and we will be there. I'd love to tease Daniel and Sam about their poor choices in futbol teams.

    ReplyDelete